New in PowerGUI free – PowerGUI on a USB key!
Now you don’t have to install PowerGUI on a computer on which you want to use it. Instead, PowerGUI can create a USB drive with a portable version of the product!
To use the feature:
- Insert the flash drive with ~ 80 MB of free space into a USB port,
- In PowerGUI Script Editor, run the following command in the PowerShell Console panel:
Fixes and Improvements
A lot of them. To name just a few of my favorites:
- You can now close the Welcome tab if you don’t need it,
- Script Editor starts faster,
- Large scripts are much faster to debug,
- File / Search Online dialog box can now find a PowerShell script by the name of the script author!
New in PowerGUI Pro
And we have even more goodies for our Pro users! You guys have already had ability to compile PowerShell scripts to exe files, now with 3.1 you can also compile them into real Windows Services!