- Reached 1,000,000 downloads (frankly, I still cannot fully comprehend that),
- Released MobileShell – PowerShell server which gives you PowerShell command line (and scripts) to manage your IT in any computer browser or even mobile device: iPad, iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone…
- Script Editor is now extensible and has a rich set of add-ons adding almost any feature you could think of.
PowerShell for developers
- PowerGUIVSX now lets you edit and debug PowerShell scripts right in Visual Studio!
- PowerShell Community Extensions v2
- PowerShell in Bing Visual Search,
- PowerTab got back from the dead and now supports PowerShell 2.0,
- Karl Prosser’s Portable PowerShell.
- 5-day MOC Course 10325A: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell 2.0
- New Microsoft Official Curriculum for PowerShell v2
- New PowerShell, AD and PowerGui training
- PowerShell Power Users group on LinkedIn has over 1,300 members,
- PowerShellGroup.org launched and is a great resource to find a local usergroup – quite a few of them actually launched in 2010!
A lot of companies and Microsoft product teams released cmdlets, modules, PowerPacks, etc.:
- Intel has released a vPro PowerShell Module,
- NetApp released a set of cmdlets to manage your storage and cloud resources,
- PKI & certificate management cmdlets,
- Windows Azure Cmdlets,
- SharePoint 2010,
- Lync 2010,
- JAMS enterprise scheduling,
- NetPoint IT inventory management.
- PowerShell for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administrators
- PowerShell in Practice
- Windows PowerShell Cookbook, Second Edition,
- PowerShell v.2 TFM
Oh, and NASA started to use PowerShell to control their space craft. Almost. OK, not really… This was an April 1 joke. But wouldn’t it be cool if they did?
I know that the list seems a bit biased including a lot of PowerShell projects in which I was involved one way or another. This is not by intent and is a simple consequence of how memory works. 🙂 This has been an amazing PowerShell year! Please add your PowerShell events of the year in the comments below!
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a great New Year to all of you!