Remember that weird Windows IT Pro contest in which they put PowerGUI against gmail, iTunes, and a thousand other free and open source products?
Well, the funniest part is – thanks to your support – we won the silver award in that huge category!
Here’s what the magazine had to say (and with which I happily agree!):
“There are a lot of PowerShell scripting and GUI tools on the market these days, but PowerGUI remains one of the best, and it’s free!” —Jeff James, editor in chief, Windows IT Pro
And my congratulations to 14 other product teams from Quest winning in multiple other categories – great job by everyone and a reminder of the comprehensiveness of the product set we have here:
In Windows It Pro’s Community Choice Awards:
- Gold for Authentication Services (Best Interoperability Product),
- Silver for Group Policy Manager/GPOAdmin® (Best Active Directory and Group Policy Product),
- Bronze for ChangeAuditor® (Best Auditing and Compliance Product).
Quest’s database management solutions received SQL Server Magazine Editors’ Best Awards recognition in two categories:
- Best Backup & Recovery (SQL Server) Product: LiteSpeed® for SQL Server (Gold)
- Best Development SQL Server Tool: Toad® for SQL Server (Gold)
Quest also was recognized by the editors at Windows IT Pro in the following categories:
- Best Free or Open Source IT Tool: PowerGUI™ (Silver)
- Best Auditing & Compliance Product: ChangeAuditor® (Silver)
- Best Interoperability Product: Authentication Services (Bronze)
- Best Systems Management Product: GPOAdmin® (Bronze)
Quest’s Windows management products also received nods from the readers of Redmond and SQL Server Magazine. In the Redmond Readers’ Choice Awards:
- Quest Migration Manager received both the “ISV Winner” and “Preferred Product” in the Best Migration Product category.
- Quest Defender was recognized as a “Preferred Product” in the Best Smart Card/Biometric/Two-Factor Authentication System category.
SQL Server Magazine and Windows IT Pro’s Community Choice Awards named:
- Site Administrator for SharePoint the gold award winner for Best SharePoint Product.
SQL Server Magazine’s Community Choice Awards gave:
- Quest’s Foglight® Performance Analysis for SQL Server the silver for Best Database Monitoring and Performance Products, and
- Spotlight® on SQL Server Enterprise was named a “Preferred Product” by Redmond Readers’ Choice Awards.