One of the hidden gems in PowerGUI Script Editor is the ability to fully customize its toolbars and hotkeys.
Say, you want to have a hotkey to collapse all regions in a PowerShell script – this could not be easier, just:
- On the Tools menu, click Customize.
- In the Customize dialog box, click the Keyboard tab.
- On the Keyboard tab, select the command you need.
- In the Press shortcut key(s), assign the hotkey you want.
Other tabs of this dialog box are also useful:
- Toolbars - lets you create your own toolbars.
- Commands - lets you add buttons to existing toolbars by simply dragging them from the dialog box to the toolbar.
Hope this makes your PowerShell scripting even more enjoyable!