First and foremost – this is a maintenance release – think about it as a service pack: no new features but lots of bugfixes.
All features were introduced back in 1.2 two months ago and if you missed it have a look at the blog posts I had on these:
- 1.2 new feature list
- New group membership cmdlets
- Filtering by account creation date
- AD cmdlets for object undelete
The key bugfixes added to 1.2.2 maintenance release are:
- Fixed the Connection property and other incompatibility issues which affected Kirk’s AD PowerPack.
AppliesToproperties indexable: so you can do something like
- Added the ability to connect to domain controller, ADAM/ADLDS server or ActiveRoles Server by IP address (e.g. if DNS is not set up properly.)
- Fixed TsHomeDrive and TsHomeDirectory bug reported by Shay.
- And finally enhanced the setup so it ensures compatibility with ActiveRoles Server should you have this product deployed.
Overall a good service release and the one we plan to make our minimal system requirement for AD PowerPack starting with PowerGUI 1.9.
Download it here.