Here’s a script which allows you to replace PowerGUI’s default welcome screen to any page of your own.
This is of course a part of our 1.7 feature set enabling PowerGUI use as locked-down customized consoles to use through-out your company – but this particular feature is in fact already available in 1.6.1 – so if there is a page that you like more than what we ship – read on.
The process of replacing the page is very straight-forward:
1. Create a new page in the editor of your choice. The page should be in MHT format. So either use Microsoft Word, or any html editor you like. If the editor does not support MHT format, simply save the page as MHT from Internet Explorer.
2. Put the page on the computer at which you use PowerGUI or a file share somewhere.
3. Run the script either from the command-line or PowerGUI Script Editor. The latter is probably easier – you just need to do File / Search Online and look for PowerGUI:
4. Download the script, type in the filepath in the parameter box and click Start Debugging.
5. Now you can start PowerGUI and enjoy your custom look and feel!
This is something you can start doing right away!
Other features (such as ability to lock down user ability to modify the console and central configuration distribution do require version 1.7 so either apply for the beta or wait just a little longer.