Forums at PowerGUI.org really took off and now it’s kind of hard to keep an eye and each and every post there. Here’s my attempt to help you be up to speed with the coolest recent threads from just from one of the forums – Active Directory and PowerShell:
- Paul Chavez creating and assigning user principle name (UPN) on the fly in New-QADObject using in-string expressions and -ObjectAttributes.
- Jonathan Medd using server-side LDAP filtering to quickly find all expired accounts.
- Larry and Paul giving advice on how to set up connections to multiple domains and then use them within one script.
- Shay Levy on collecting all errors from your script execution and saving them to a file.
- The IF gotcha – if you use
-eq) in the IF condition PowerShell will assign new value there – not test the condition as you might want.
- File output gotcha: using
foreach-objectblock it will work for current object only – not the whole collection.
- Shay’s script on exporting AD group membership into csv files named using the original group names.
These are just a few select threads from just one forum. I obviously really recommend hanging around in the forums themselves to learn even more.😉
Are digests like that useful? Would you like me to be posting them every now and then?