As I mentioned yesterday, thanks to the community efforts PowerGUI is now available in 7 different languages and the list keeps growing.
If your language is among the ones available for download:
- Simply download and install PowerGUI,
- Download the localization pack,
- Extract the locale folder to the PowerGUI installation folder:
If your Windows language is that same language you have installed, just restarting PowerGUI will do the trick – it will change the UI language automatically.
If your Windows language is different (e.g. Windows UI is English, but you want Danish PowerGUI), you will need a couple of extra steps:
- Go to the PowerGUI profile folder:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Quest Software\PowerGUI– on Windows Vista and 2008.
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Quest Software\PowerGUI– on Windows XP and 2003.
- Open the quest.powergui.xml file in Notepad, and change en-US to the name of your locale (which is the same as the localization folder name):
That’s it! Now you will have PowerGUI speak your mother tongue!