We have just shipped PowerGUI 1.5.0 – which is a very important upgrade for us with a lot of new and exciting features.
Right now I am overexcited to provide a detailed what’s new list so I will just give you the ones off the top of my head and will hope that others (or myself later this week) will provide a more detailed overview.
PowerGUI Administrative Console:
- New filters: we have completely revamped the set of filter operations to make them much more user-friendly so you get “starts with”, “ends with” and so one instead of “like”
- Totally revamped code generation for the PowerShell Code tab. We got rid of scriptblocks and made the code much more readable.
PowerGUI Script Editor:
- Output window now has a live PowerShell prompt built into it!
- Multitab UI.
- Edit menu has options to copy code as HTML or RTF – for all bloggers out there.
- Errors are written to the output window (obviously in red).
- Both x64 and x86 version installed on x64 machines.
- A much nicer input box is displayed for your read-host commands.
- Ability to manually change the UI language.
And multiple smaller improvements everywhere!
Now we will probably get back to smaller regular 1.5.x upgrades getting you even more exciting features in the next few months. There’s so much on our roadmap that this is going to be a very exciting year for the PowerGUI team and user community. Please visit our discussion forums and let us know what you think and what you want to be added to the product.