Guys at Specops have just released an updated version of their flagship product – Specops Command – and it is integrated with PowerGUI.
Here’s how the integration works:
1. You start Specops Command and create a group policy containing a PowerShell script.
2. You click the Edit in PowerGUI button below the text box (see the screenshot below):
3. The script opens in PowerGUI Script editor in which you edit and debug the code.
4. Once you are happy with the code, you click Save and close the editor. The script gets automatically updated in Specops Command.
5. You target the policy to the computers in the network on which it should be run, and the script gets deployed.
I think this is an incredible better-together story, allowing you to have the best of both worlds: full-features debugging in PowerGUI editor, and then scalable deployment across the network through Specops.
Good job by both teams!