Are you getting obsessed with PowerShell? Well, you are not the first one. Kirk Munro is now the first officially self-declared Poshoholic.
If you feel you are the one as well, here’s a message for you:
Don’t get discouraged. PowerShell is an obsession. It can hit anyone.Young, old. Rich, poor. Black, white.
And it doesn’t matter how long you’ve been scripting or what you’ve been scripting. It’s what PowerShell does to you that counts.
To help you decide whether you might have a problem with your own PowerShell, we’ve prepared these 7 questions. The answers are nobody’s business but your own.
A Simple 7-Question Quiz designed To Help You Decide
1. Do you use PowerShell because you feel it is the coolest thing out there?
2. Do you think of PowerShell whenever you come across any problem or task to solve?
3. Do you find yourself talking about PowerShell with your friends or demoing it to them?
4. Have you begun to scripting in the morning, before school or work?
5. Do you try to make all your scripts oneliners?
6. Did you ever try to stop using PowerShell or using it less — and fail?
7. Does PowerShell make you feel like you are a better IT professional?
If you can answer yes to any one of these questions, maybe it’s time you took a serious look at what PowerShell might be doing to you.
Seriously though, I came to know Kirk when he became the most active member of PowerGUI discussion forums. He is a great guy. His first blog post on how he learned about PowerShell is just hilarious, his post on PowerGUI is also of interest. I am glad he is now blogging and am subscribing to his blog right away!