We’ve added voting for the features we are considering for our next release: PowerGUI 1.0.8+ feature poll. (Yes, we finally seem to be running out of issues to fix ;))
The features we are considering include:
- Making the PowerShell Code we generate more readable.
- Automatically determining the class of WMI objects when WMI is used to display appropriate links and actions.
- Further improve performance (1.0.6 is much better than 1.0 was but there’s still space for that.)
- Let scripted links modify PowerGUI UI: for example, the label in the Path control above the grid. This could be used for nicer Public Folder or OU browsing experience.
- Make PowerGUI check for System Requirements for PowerPacks (e.g. when you try to import the Exchange pack lat you know that Exchange 2007 management tools are required).
- “Smart controls” for parameters: e.g. drop-downs for enumerations, True/False drop-down for boolean, Date/Time control for dates, etc.
- Better script text editor for adding scripted nodes and action: highlighting, intellisense, etc.