PowerPacks are open-source PowerShell add-ons for PowerGUI Admin Console. PowerGUI.org Library has about 60 of them giving you customizable extensible user interfaces (and PowerShell libraries) to manage systems ranging from Exchange to Operations Manager, from VMware to Skype, from Twitter to Facebook.
Each year we are holding a competition and giving away prizes ($1000 to 2 winners, and $500 to the first runner up) to the most active participants and best PowerPacks.
PowerPack Challenge started this week and will last till November 15.
The judges this year include:
- Osama Said, Microsoft Corporation – PowerShell Team Blog
- Marco Shaw, PowerShell MVP – Marco’s Blog
- Jeffery Hicks, PowerShell MVP – Jeffery’s Blog
- Shay Levy, PowerShell MVP – Shay’s Blog
- Dmitry Sotnikov, Quest Software, PowerShell MVP – Dmitry’s Blog
- Kirk Munro, Quest Software, PowerShell MVP – Kirk’s Blog
And with the popularity of PowerGUI, this contest is not only a great scripting challenge , but is also an incredible way to bring value to thousands of administrators world-wide.
If you are interested in the submissions we had last year and who became the winners in 2008 – you can read the last posts here.
- So think about the IT systems you manage and how you can make this management easier.
- Read the contest details at the PowerPack Challenge web page.
- Submit your PowerPack.
- Win the prizes and become a rock star!